Financial burden is one of the many reasons that someone suffering from the disease of addiction does not seek rehabilitation treatment. With insurance to help cover the cost, residents of every state, including Florida, can lessen that burden and get their life back on track.
Blue Cross Blue Shield offers 9 plans to residents of Florida, all of which cover substance abuse services. These plans can be divided into three basic types: BlueOptions Essential, BlueOptions EveryDay Health and BlueOptions All Copay.
Florida Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueOptions Essential
Under the BlueOptions Essential plan, you won’t pay for any of your substance abuse treatment services after you have satisfied the plan’s deductible, as 100 percent of these expenses are covered. Premiums for this plan will vary based on your income, as well as other factors.
Florida Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueOptions Everyday Health
Blue Cross Blue Shield’s BlueOptions Everyday Health plans require copays and/or coinsurance after you have met your plan’s deductible. Plans available in this category include:
- BlueOptions Everyday Health 1416 – Outpatient substance abuse expenses are covered after a $60 copay, inpatient substance abuse treatment is covered at 100 percent after deductible.
- BlueOptions Everyday Health 1410 – $85 copay required for outpatient expenses after your deductible, $500 copay required for inpatient expenses after your deductible.
- BlueOptions Everyday Health 1431 – $50 copay required for outpatient substance abuse treatment, 10 percent coinsurance required for inpatient substance abuse treatment after your deductible.
- BlueOptions Everyday Health 1423 – $75 copay required for outpatient substance abuse expenses, inpatient expenses are covered at 100 percent after your deductible.
- BlueOptions Everyday Health 1418 – $20 copay for outpatient substance abuse treatment, 10 percent coinsurance for inpatient treatment after deductible.
Florida Blue Cross Blue Shield – BlueOptions All Copay
Under the All Copay plans, you will not pay any deductible. Instead, all covered services will require you to pay a copay. Two All Copay plans are available, All Copay 1424 and All Copay 1505. Under All Copay 1424, you will pay $20 toward outpatient substance abuse treatment expenses and $350 toward inpatient expenses. Under All Copay 1505, you will pay $60 for outpatient treatment services and $600 for inpatient treatment.
Seek Help Today
If you are dealing with a substance abuse problem in Florida, you need to seek treatment as soon as possible. DrugRehab.org can help you find an insurance plan that will cover your treatment, as well as an appropriate drug rehab facility in your area.