Michigan’s Economy May Be Down and Out; With Their Rehab Centers, You Don’t Have to Be
In the state of Michigan, the DEA contends that cocaine, heroin, and marijuana are the three primary drug threats in the state. However, there is always a concern regarding club or date rape drugs, methamphetamines, and illegally distributed prescription medications. Additionally, traffickers of Israeli, Middle Eastern, and Russian descent are becoming very active in the distribution of MDMA’s (club or date rape drugs) as well as several criminal syndicates of Vietnamese descent.
The following facts and statistics regarding alcohol and drug abuse in this state should give you a clear idea as to why there are so many Michigan drug rehab facilities in operation today that offer addiction treatment and alcohol rehab programs:
- Of all the substance abusers or addicts (alcohol or drugs) in the state of Michigan, 67% are males while 33% are females
- 73% of all alcoholics are male while 27% are female
- 74% of those individuals who are addicted to alcohol and a primary drug are males while 26% are female
- over 36% of all alcoholics are between the ages of 36 and 45, while over 34% of all substance users between the ages of 31 and 40 drink alcohol and use a primary drug with their alcoholic beverage
- nearly 50% of all cocaine users are between the ages of 31 and 40
- nearly 44% of al heroin users are between the ages of 41 and 50
- nearly 44.5% of all marijuana users are between the ages of 18 and 25
- 44.5% of all meth users are between the ages of 26 and 35
- drug arrests in the state of Michigan dropped slightly between 2001 and 2003, and have been gradually increasing since that point in time
- meth lab seizures have been like a rollercoaster ride since 2001 with repeating cycles of dips and spikes
The above information regarding substance abuse, addiction, and dependency clearly indicates why there is such a concern by Michigan law enforcement. The numerous addiction treatment and alcohol rehab programs that are in operation today address the needs of a wide range of individuals. Health organizations and medical professionals also view alcohol and drug addiction as a serious public health threat.
According to the DEA, cocaine, heroin, and marijuana continue to be the three primary drug and public health threats in the state of Michigan like they have been for the past several years. The following is a breakdown of the primary drug threats in the state:
Club or date rape drugs – the use of Ecstasy, GHB, and Ketamine grows increasingly more popular as time passes with juveniles and younger adults especially in the highly urbanized areas of Michigan where “raves” are extremely popular with this age group.
Cocaine – cocaine is readily accessible no matter where you go in Michigan but the greatest availability occurs in the more densely populated areas of the state, especially the greater Detroit area. Because of its price and purity, cocaine continues to be one of the primary drug threats in the state.
Heroin – heroin is most prevalent in the greater Detroit area with the largest quantities being imported primarily from Africa, Mexico, and South America. Despite this fact, it is readily available throughout the state especially in urban areas.
Marijuana – marijuana is still the most widely distributed and used substance throughout the state no matter where you go. The majority of the marijuana that comes into the state originates in Mexico and is trafficked into Michigan by many different Hispanic cartels and other organizations.
Methamphetamines – the majority of the meth is found in the central, southwestern, and western portions of the state (The majority of meth labs that have been found by state police where found in Kalamazoo MI). Regardless of its prevalence in these areas, it is available just about anywhere that you go in the state. Additionally, the primary sources of production or where most of the meth labs in the state are located is in the more rural areas.
Get professional help before it is too late
The DEA is always concerned about and focuses the majority of their efforts on the five substances mentioned above. If you have admitted to having a problem with alcohol and/or drugs and are looking for a Michigan drug rehab, here are five tips that should help you in your search.
Tip #1: Always be aware of your options – it’s going to take a bit of research to find the right addiction treatment or alcohol rehab program that will address your specific needs. Knowing your options will help you figure out what is available in the way of treatment and recovery so that you can make an informed decision.
Tip #2: Determine what your needs are – once you see what is available, it will help you determine what type of program is going to be the most effective where your personal needs are concerned.
Tip #3: Interview a specialist at each facility – once you have made up your list of final choices, call and interview a specialist at each facility in order to determine if they have a Michigan drug rehab program that will address your needs and provide you with the best chance of overcoming your addiction and recovering from it.
Tip #4: Make final arrangements – once you have made your decision, you are going to want to reserve your space in the Michigan drug rehab program that you have decided on.
Tip #5: Get prepared – after you have secured your room at the rehab center, you will want to prepare for your stay in the facility. Get a list from them regarding what to bring and what to leave at home.
Contact the Drug Rehab referral service for help
If you are having difficulty choosing a Michigan drug rehab or alcohol rehab program, please contact our referral service for further assistance. We have a listing of the most effective and successful addiction treatment and alcohol rehab programs throughout the US. Please call us at the toll-free phone number listed above for further information regarding the best programs that we list.
Michigan Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Adrian (8) Albion (3) Algonac (1) Allegan (4) Alma (3) Alpena (3) Ann Arbor (21) Atlanta (1) Auburn Hills (5) Bad Axe (1) Baldwin (4) Bangor (1) Baraga (1) Battle Creek (13) Bay City (11) Belding (1) Belleville (1) Benton Harbor (6) Benzonia (3) Berkley (5) Berrien Center (1) Bessemer (1) Big Rapids (3) Bingham farms (1) Birmingham (2) Bloomfield Hills (2) Brighton (8) Brimley (1) Brownstown (1) Cadillac (2) Caledonia (2) Calumet (3) Canton (5) Capac (1) Caro (4) Caspian (1) Cassopolis (1) Center Line (2) Centreville (3) Charlevoix (3) Charlotte (2) Cheboygan (3) Chelsea (4) Clare (1) Clarkston (7) Clawson (1) Clinton (1) Clinton Township (13) Coldwater (3) Commerce Township (1) Crystal Falls (1) Davisburg (1) Dearborn (4) Dearborn Heights (3) Detroit (79) Dowagiac (1) East Lansing (3) Escanaba (4) Essexville (1) Farmington (8) Farmington Hills (3) Ferndale (1) Flint (28) Fraser (1) Freeland (3) Fulton (1) Garden City (1) Gaylord (2) Gladwin (1) Grand Blanc (1) Grand Haven (3) Grand Rapids (52) Grandville (2) Grayling (2) Greenville (2) Grosse Pointe (2) Grosse Pointe Park (1) Hamtramck (3) Hancock (2) Harbor Springs (2) Harper Woods (1) Hart (3) Hartford (2) Hastings (2) Highland Park (4) Hillman (1) Hillsdale (3) Holland (14) Holly (1) Houghton (2) Houghton Lake (1) Howell (2) Inkster (1) Ionia (5) Iron Mountain (6) Iron River (3) Ironwood (2) Ishpeming (1) Jackson (8) Jonesville (3) Kalamazoo (20) Kincheloe (1) Kingsford (3) Lake Odessa (1) Lake Orion (2) Lanse (4) Lansing (26) Lapeer (7) Lawrence (1) Lexington (1) Lincoln (1) Lincoln Park (5) Livonia (12) Ludington (3) Madison Heights (3) Mancelona (1) Manistee (4) Manistique (3) Marine City (1) Marlette (1) Marquette (8) Marshall (1) Mason (2) Memphis (1) Michigan Center (1) Midland (6) Milford (2) Millington (1) Mio (1) Monroe (10) Mount Clemens (2) Mount Pleasant (8) Munising (3) Muskegon (10) Muskegon heights (2) Nazareth (1) Negaunee (1) New Baltimore (1) New Haven (1) Newaygo (1) Newberry (2) Niles (2) Northville (3) Novi (2) Oak Park (3) Ontonagon (2) Oscoda (2) Owosso (7) Oxford (1) Paw Paw (2) Peshawbestown (1) Petoskey (6) Pigeon (1) Plainwell (1) Plymouth (6) Pontiac (15) Port Huron (12) Portage (1) Portland (3) Redford (4) Reed City (1) Richmond (2) Rochester (4) Rochester Hills (3) Rogers City (2) Romeo (2) Romulus (2) Roseville (2) Royal Oak (5) Saginaw (14) Saint Clair (1) Saint Clair Shores (4) Saint Ignace (3) Saint Johns (4) Saint Joseph (2) Saint Louis (1) Sandusky (1) Sault Sainte Marie (7) Shelby Township (1) South Haven (1) Southfield (15) Southgate (4) Spring Lake (1) Standish (1) Stanton (1) Sterling (3) Sterling Heights (7) Sturgis (1) Tawas City (1) Taylor (7) Tecumseh (3) Traverse City (10) Troy (4) Utica (5) Wakefield (1) Walled Lake (3) Warren (8) Waterford (12) Watersmeet (1) West Bloomfield (6) West Branch (1) Westland (10) White Cloud (1) Wilson (1) Wixom (1) Wyoming (2) Ypsilanti (3) Zeeland (1)