As part of our series of best rehab centers across the nation, we now present the ten best rehab centers in Illinois. Based on our aforementioned criteria, including staff, food and nutrition, overall experience, and most importantly, the effectiveness of the treatment, we scoured the state for the best recovery resources and evaluated each one. We then came up with a final ranking, and filtered out the very best for this list. Here are the top ten rehab centers in Illinois.
1. Advocate Addiction Treatment Center, Des Plaines
For those who need medical help for a problem with substance abuse, it does not come better than one that is provided by a hospital. Advocate Healthcare’s addiction treatment program uses a medically-based approach to recover, and uses a range of services that are adapted to each individual’s needs. If you are skeptical of their success, you need only to head over to their Facebook page, where thousands of former clients and members of the community come together.
For more information on this facility go to https://www.advocatehealth.com/health-services/addiction-treatment-program/
2. Hazelden Betty Ford, Chicago
Hazelden Betty Ford has made a few appearances on our top ten lists across the country, and sure enough, the organization’s Chicago location is one of the best in the state of Illinois. They offer all of the standard rehab options, and have a rigorous and well-structured schedule that makes sure that each person gets the best recovery possible.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.hazeldenbettyford.org/locations/chicago
3. Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, Chicago
The Lutheran Social Services of Illinois provides a number of services to those in need, including things such as senior services, mental health services, affordable housing for those with disabilities, and of course, drug and alcohol treatment. They have a network of successful programs to help those with addiction, including detox, inpatient and outpatient care, halfway houses, recovery homes, and sober living facilities.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.lssi.org/
4. Soft Landing Recovery, Oakbrook Terrace
Soft Landing Recovery has an “at home” outpatient recovery that specializes in helping those with addiction to painkillers and opiates. The program involves a thorough recovery that lasts from the first few days to after six months and relapse prevention. Their “at home” technique is designed to help people to recover in their usual surroundings, to prevent relapse and learn how to face triggers.
For more information on this facility go to https://www.softlandingrecovery.com/
5. Rosecrance, Multiple Locations
Rosecrance offers rehab and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults and families. On offer at these facilities are all recovery services, including detox, experimental therapies, dual diagnosis, and transitional living. Originally founded as an orphanage for boys in 1916, Rosecrance has grown and evolved significantly, and now helps more than 13,000 people each year.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.rosecrance.org/
6. Timberline Knolls, Lemont
Aimed specifically at women, Timberline Knolls is a residential treatment center that helps with substance abuse as well as other issues such as trauma and PTSD, mood disorders, and eating disorders. The people there realize that often one or more of these problems come hand in hand, and so they are well equipped to deal with them. Their expert staff help with complete medical and psychiatric assessments, individualized care, and spiritual renewal for the whole family.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.timberlineknolls.com/
7. Gateway Foundation, Multiple Locations
With multiple locations across Illinois, there is a good bet that you can find a Gateway facility that perfectly meets your needs. They have more than four decades of experience, which they have used to perfect the most effective, evidence-based therapies and clinical approaches to rehabilitation. By offering residential, day treatment, and outpatient treatment, as well as aftercare programs, they have all your bases covered.
For more information on this facility go to https://recovergateway.org/
8. Preferred Family Healthcare, Quincy
Otherwise known as “Recovery Resources,” the Quincy facility merged with Preferred Family Healthcare in July 2014. Recovery Resources has been around since 1965, and has worked to create a more positive image for drug abuse treatment services. Their three-fold mission is to advance prevention, recovery, and wellness through healthy lifestyles for individuals, families, and the whole community.
For more information on this facility go to https://pfh.org/illinois
9. C4 Community Counseling Centers, Chicago
C4 is a network of community counseling centers that provides aid and therapy for members of the community. Their philosophy is that “people recovering from mental illness, substance use, and emotional trauma are able to live, work and thrive in the community” and as such, they seek to provide help with each of these things.
For more information on this facility go to https://www.c4chicago.org/
10. New Hope Recovery Center, Chicago
New Hope Recovery Center’s core values state that they want to provide compassion and treat clients with dignity and worth, and when you look at the rave reviews from former clients, it is easy to see that they are succeeding in doing just that. Their staff is comprised of medical professionals as well as recreational therapists, yoga instructors, and nutritionists, all working together to insure that each client has a full and rounded recovery.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.new-hope-recovery.com/center/
If you haven’t found a rehab center that fits you best, you can explore more Illinois drug and alcohol rehab centers that are prominent in the area and recommended by previous patients.
Illinois Counties Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Adams (10) Alexander (2) Bond (2) Boone (2) Brown (3) Bureau (3) Carroll (1) Cass (4) Champaign (16) Christian (3) Clark (13) Clay (2) Clinton (2) Coles (11) Cook (512) Crawford (5) Cumberland (3) DeKalb (7) Douglas (2) DuPage (49) Edgar (3) Effingham (4) Fayette (2) Franklin (3) Fulton (4) Gallatin (4) Grundy (3) Hancock (1) Henry (3) Iroquois (2) Jackson (7) Jasper (2) Jefferson (8) Jo Daviess (3) Johnson (3) Kane (50) Kankakee (12) Kendall (3) Knox (2) LaSalle (7) Lawrence (3) Lee (7) Livingston (1) Logan (1) Macon (8) Macoupin (1) Madison (22) Marion (8) Mason (2) Massac (1) McDonough (4) McHenry (27) McLean (14) Monroe (2) Montgomery (2) Morgan (3) Moultrie (2) Ogle (3) Peoria (25) Perry (3) Piatt (1) Pike (1) Pope (2) Randolph (4) Richland (4) Rock Island (17) Saline (4) Sangamon (19) Schuyler (1) Shelby (4) St. Clair (20) Stephenson (4) Tazewell (14) Union (5) Vermilion (10) Wabash (1) Warren (2) Washington (2) Wayne (2) White (2) Whiteside (4) Will (51) Williamson (11) Winnebago (25) Woodford (1)