As part of our series of best rehab centers across the nation, we now present the ten best rehab centers in Georgia. Based on our aforementioned criteria, including staff, food and nutrition, overall experience, and most importantly, the effectiveness of the treatment, we scoured the state for the best recovery resources and evaluated each one. We then came up with a final ranking, and filtered out the very best for this list. Here are the top ten rehab centers in Georgia.
1. Laurelwood, Gainsville
Laurelwood, part of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, is a mental health and substance abuse treatment center and recognized leader in the area. The 54-bed facility is a private and not-for-profit hospital with a wide range of therapies and treatments offered. Their highest level of treatment, inpatient hospitalization, provides clients with daily psychiatric care as well as therapy, nursing, and medical care. They also offer partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and aftercare programs.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.nghs.com/mental-health-services
2. ExecuCare Addiction Recovery Center, Norcross
This addiction treatment center is unique in that it incorporates a 10-day detox treatment called Neurotransmitter Restoration (NTR). This method of detox utilizes a drug-free formula of amino acids, minerals, and vitamins. It works to repair the damage done to the brain by drug and alcohol use. It speeds up healing while minimizing withdrawal symptoms. ExecuCare Addiction Recovery Center’s program is outpatient and allows for clients to return home each night.
For more information on this facility go to http://execucarearc.com/
3. Road to Recovery, Gainesville
Road to Recovery is a behavioral health facility that provides its outpatient programs and psychological services not only locally but also via Skype to other parts of the world. They offer therapy and support to those struggling with a number of issues including substance abuse and addiction, PTSD, depression, OCD, etc. Clients speak face-to-face with licensed psychotherapists, and therapy is offered in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.rdtorecovery.com/
4. The Banyan Tree, Athens
The Banyan Tree is a holistic counseling and wellness center that provides counseling services for a variety of issues, including drug and alcohol abuse. As part of their substance abuse treatment, they offer therapy in individual and group settings as well as family counseling, counseling led by licensed professionals.
For more information on this facility go to http://athenscounseling.com/
5. Atlanta Addictive Disease and Psychiatric Medicine Associates, Cumming
Headed by a trained medical doctor, psychiatrist, psychoanalyst and addictionist, this facility treats people who struggle with alcohol and drug addiction, depression, anxiety, and panic disorders, etc. Atlanta Addictive Disease and Psychiatric Medicine Associates offers individual counseling for people ages 17 and above. They see addiction as a disease and treat it as such, and also treat dual diagnosis.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.mygbhp.com/
6. North Georgia Counseling & Education Center, Dahlonega
North Georgia Counseling & Education Center is a facility that provides DUI/RISK reduction classes and certification, court ordered evaluations, group and individual counseling, and clinical evaluations. Counseling sessions usually last 60 minutes.
For more information on this facility go to https://www.northgacounseling.com/
7. LifeWorks Counseling, Inc., Dahlonega
Run by married couple Mylene Hallaran and Shawn Hallaran, LifeWorks Counseling, Inc. is a counseling center for a variety of issues. In addition to providing counseling services, they also offer court and probation evaluations, DUI clinical evaluations, substance abuse evaluations, and a Family Violence Intervention Program. Services are also available in Spanish.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.lifeworkscounseling.org/
8. Palm House Recovery Center, Athens
Palm House Recovery Center is a sober living place with homes for men and women. They offer a structured living environment, 12-step meetings, sponsorship, and group therapy. Residents are required to abide by certain rules, including working full time and attending 5 outside meetings each week.
9. Wellspring Life Solutions, Gainesville
This counseling center offers a variety of services including individual assessment and psychotherapy, family therapy, group therapy, life coaching, drug testing, and substance abuse evaluation and intervention. Wellspring Life Solutions’ doctors, counselors, and psychologists are trained and equipped to provide a positive experience for their clients.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.wellspringls.com/
10. Bill’s Place, Inc., Gainesville
Bill’s Place, Inc. is an all-inclusive sober living house and aftercare facility that offers residential living and employment services to men struggling with substance abuse, especially those leaving incarceration. The program consists of education, coaching, counseling, and recovering management with emphases on the 12-step method and self-discipline.
For more information on this facility go to http://www.billsplaceonline.org/
Georgia Counties Drug and Alcohol Rehabs
- Appling (3) Bacon (1) Baldwin (4) Barrow (5) Bartow (3) Bibb (13) Brantley (1) Brooks (2) Bulloch (14) Burke (2) Butts (4) Camden (1) Carroll (6) Catoosa (3) Charlton (1) Chatham (17) Chattahoochee (1) Chattooga (1) Cherokee (1) Clarke (10) Clayton (10) Clinch (1) Cobb (88) Coffee (3) Colquitt (1) Columbia (1) Cook (3) Coweta (4) Dade (2) Decatur (3) DeKalb (32) Dodge (2) Douglas (2) Early (3) Effingham (1) Elbert (2) Emanuel (3) Fannin (1) Fayette (6) Floyd (8) Forsyth (4) Fulton (6) Glynn (7) Grady (2) Greene (3) Gwinnett (21) Habersham (2) Hall (6) Haralson (1) Harris (1) Hart (1) Heard (1) Henry (6) Houston (9) Jackson (5) Lamar (3) Laurens (9) Lee (1) Liberty (7) Lowndes (11) Lumpkin (3) Macon (1) McDuffie (2) Meriwether (2) Mitchell (1) Muscogee (17) Newton (6) Paulding (1) Peach (1) Pickens (1) Polk (3) Randolph (2) Richmond (18) Rockdale (8) Screven (1) Spalding (5) Stephens (2) Sumter (2) Talbot (2) Tattnall (2) Telfair (1) Thomas (6) Tift (5) Toombs (3) Troup (7) Union (3) Upson (1) Walker (6) Walton (2) Ware (8) Wayne (2) White (2) Whitfield (5) Wilkes (1)